- Free Freeware
- Aug 19, 2018
- [+] More Details
A review of CamStudio by Tina de Pierre
Camstudio is a pretty straight-forward video capture software application which does exactly what it says. The main features are simple and it's completely free. It's a small and stable application which can highlight a cursor path, automatically pan and it does this (and more) while recording sound. It also gives users the ability to add annotations/closed captions and the option of adding a timestamp to the video output.
CamStudio supports a variety of file formats including AVI and SWF. It comes with support for several languages.
If you're looking for a small application without needing to do too many fancy things, get CamStudio. It's completely free with no nags and no spyware.
Some ways to use CamStudio:
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them
CamStudio can capture video games, capture screen activity, capture webcam streams, capture online video and record desktop video.CamStudio features and highlights:
- Useful for creating video presentations or demonstration videos
- Useful for creating video responses
- Record problems and issues with Windows software
- Create information videos about products
- Can create tips and tricks videos for favourite software
CamStudio is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from video capture software without restrictions. CamStudio 2.7.4 r354 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This video capture software is filed under:
- CamStudio Download
- Freeware Video Capture Software
- Software Reviews
- Open source and GPL software
Compatibility with this video capture software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of CamStudio may be available from CamStudio Group.
We have tested CamStudio 2.7.4 r354 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans.
Screenshots of CamStudio (6)
- CamStudio PortableFreeVideo CaptureRecord screen and audio activity to create AVI video files
- Evan's WMV Screen CaptureFreeVideo CaptureCapture screen activity to a Windows WMV file for later playback
- Screen Video RecorderSharewareVideo CaptureRecord screen activities, audio and mouse cursor movement to AVI or WMV
- Movavi Video CaptureSharewareVideo CaptureUse Movavi Screen Capture to create studio-quality screencasts
- BSR Screen RecorderSharewareScreen CaptureSoftware which captures video from a defined area of the screen